Antwerpen-Centraal railway station is the main railway station in Antwerp, Belgium. It is a stunning architectural masterpiece that was built between 1895 and 1905. The station has four levels of platforms and 14 tracks, and is operated by the National Railway Company of Belgium (NMBS/SNCB). The station is also known as the «Railway Cathedral» because of its impressive dome and spires.
You can buy tickets online, at the ticket vending machines, or at the booking office in the station. The booking office is open from Monday to Friday from 6:00 to 20:00, and on weekends and holidays from 7:00 to 20:00.
The Antwerpen-Centraal Railway Station is open every day from 6:00 to 20:00. You can access the station by bus, tram, metro, taxi, bike, or car. There are several bus and tram stops near the station, as well as a metro station called Astrid. There is also a taxi stand in front of the station, and a bike parking area next to it. If you come by car, you can park at the Q-Park Antwerpen-Centraal, which is located under the Koningin Astridplein.
You can join a guided tour of the Antwerpen-Centraal Railway Station to learn more about its history and architecture. The tours are organized by Antwerp City Guides and last about two hours. You can book a tour online or by phone (+32 3 232 01 03). The tours cost €10 per person and are available in Dutch, French, English, German, Spanish, and Italian.
There are many things to see and do near the Antwerpen-Centraal Railway Station. You can visit the Antwerp Zoo, which is located next to the station and is one of the oldest zoos in the world. You can also explore the Diamond District, which is home to hundreds of diamond shops and traders. You can also admire the art and culture of Antwerp at the Flemish Opera House, the Chocolate Nation Museum, or the Rubens House.
Some tips for visiting Antwerpen-Centraal railway station are:
- Check the timetable and plan your journey in advance on the NMBS/SNCB website or app.
- Buy your tickets online or at the vending machines to avoid queues at the booking office.
- Keep your belongings with you at all times and watch out for pickpockets.
- Respect the rules and regulations of the station and the trains.
- Enjoy the beauty and atmosphere of this magnificent station.
Some prohibitions for visiting Antwerpen-Centraal railway station are:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol in the station or on the trains.
- Do not litter or damage any property in the station or on the trains.
- Do not disturb other passengers or staff with loud noise or inappropriate behavior.
- Do not enter restricted areas or cross safety lines in the station or on the tracks.
- Do not take photos or videos without permission from the station management or NMBS/SNCB.