Banje Beach is a beautiful and popular beach in Dubrovnik, Croatia. It is located near the Old Town and offers stunning views of the city walls and the island of Lokrum. Banje Beach is open all year round, but the best time to visit is from May to October, when the water temperature is warm and the sun is shining. The beach has a sandy and pebbly surface, and you can rent sunbeds, umbrellas, jet skis, kayaks, and other water sports equipment. There is also a beach club that serves drinks and food, and turns into a nightclub at night.
To get to Banje Beach, you can walk from the Old Town in about 10 minutes, or take a bus or taxi to the Ploče Gate.
The beach is free to enter, but you have to pay for the sunbeds and umbrellas. There are also showers, changing rooms, and toilets available.
If you want to avoid the crowds, you can go early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
Some tips for visiting Banje Beach are:
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Bring water and snacks, or buy them from the beach club or nearby shops.
- Bring a towel or a mat to lie on if you don’t want to rent a sunbed.
- Be careful of the rocks and sea urchins in the water, and wear water shoes if possible.
- Respect the environment and don’t litter on the beach or in the sea.
Banje Beach is also a great place to see some of Dubrovnik’s attractions, such as:
- The Museum of Modern Art Dubrovnik (MOMAD), which displays Croatian art from the 20th and 21st centuries .
- The Lazarettos, which are historical quarantine buildings that now host cultural events .
- The Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site with many monuments, museums, churches, and shops .
Banje Beach is a must-see destination for anyone who loves the sea, the sun, and the city. It is a perfect spot to relax, have fun, and enjoy the beauty of Dubrovnik.