Ben Thanh Market is one of the most popular attractions in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. It is a large indoor market that sells a variety of goods, such as clothes, souvenirs, food, and handicrafts.
The Ben Thanh Market is open every day from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., but some stalls may stay open until late at night.
The Ben Thanh Market is located in the center of the city, near the Saigon Opera House and the Notre Dame Cathedral. You can easily get to the market by bus, taxi, or motorbike.
If you want to visit Ben Thanh Market, you will need to buy a ticket at the entrance. The ticket costs 10,000 VND (about 0.43 USD) per person and is valid for one day. You can use the ticket to enter and exit the market as many times as you want. The ticket also includes a map of the market and a brochure with some tips and information.
Some of the tips for visiting Ben Thanh Market are:
- Bargain with the vendors to get a good price. You can usually get a discount of 30% to 50% off the initial price.
- Be aware of pickpockets and scammers. Keep your valuables close to you and do not accept any offers from strangers.
- Try some of the local dishes at the food stalls. You can find a variety of cuisines, such as Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, and Indian.
- Join a guided tour to learn more about the history and culture of the market. You can book a tour online or at the tourist information center near the market.
Some of the prohibitions for visiting Ben Thanh Market are:
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol inside the market.
- Do not take photos or videos without permission from the vendors or customers.
- Do not litter or damage any of the goods or facilities.
Some of the things to see at Ben Thanh Market are:
- The clock tower at the main entrance. It is a symbol of the market and a popular meeting point.
- The colorful displays of fruits, vegetables, flowers, and spices. They are a feast for the eyes and nose.
- The handicraft section, where you can find unique items made by local artisans, such as silk scarves, lacquerware, pottery, and paintings.
- The souvenir section, where you can buy gifts for your friends and family, such as T-shirts, magnets, keychains, and postcards.