Brisbane is a sunny and lively city in Queensland, Australia. It is home to many cultural attractions, such as museums, galleries and theatres, as well as natural wonders, such as islands, beaches and parks. If you are looking for a travel guide to Brisbane, here are some of the top sights you should not miss:
- South Bank Parklands: A 17.5-hectare park with a sandy beach, a rainforest, a peace pagoda and many cafes and restaurants.
- Queensland Cultural Centre: A complex of buildings that house the Queensland Art Gallery, the Gallery of Modern Art, the Queensland Museum and the Queensland Performing Arts Centre.
- Story Bridge: A heritage-listed steel bridge that spans the Brisbane River and offers panoramic views of the city. You can also climb to the top of the bridge with Story Bridge Adventure Climb.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary: A wildlife park where you can cuddle a koala, feed kangaroos and see other native animals.
- Howard Smith Wharves: A riverside precinct with bars, restaurants and a brewery under the Story Bridge.
- Brisbane’s islands: A group of islands off the coast of Brisbane that offer snorkeling, diving, dolphin feeding and other activities. Some of the most popular islands are Moreton Island, North Stradbroke Island and Bribie Island.