Cai Rang Floating Market is one of the most popular attractions in Can Tho, Vietnam. It is a lively and colorful market where hundreds of boats sell fruits, vegetables, noodles, coffee and other local products.
Cai Rang Floating Market is open every day from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
The best time to visit is between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m., when the market is at its busiest and most vibrant.
To get to Cai Rang Floating Market, you can take a taxi or a bus from Can Tho city center to Ninh Kieu Pier, where you can hire a boat to take you to the market. The boat ride takes about 30 minutes and costs around 150,000 VND ($6.5) per person. Alternatively, you can book a tour with a local guide who will arrange the transportation and show you around the market.
Some tips for visiting Cai Rang Floating Market are:
- Bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun.
- Bring some cash to buy snacks and drinks from the vendors.
- Bring a camera to capture the amazing scenes of the market.
- Be respectful of the local culture and do not bargain too hard or touch the products without permission.
- Do not litter or throw anything into the water.
Some of the things you can see and do at Cai Rang Floating Market are:
- Watch how the sellers advertise their products by hanging them on long poles.
- Try some of the delicious local dishes such as hu tieu (rice noodle soup), banh mi (Vietnamese sandwich) and che (sweet soup).
- Buy some fresh fruits and vegetables such as pineapples, mangoes, bananas and dragon fruits.
- Enjoy a cup of hot coffee or iced tea from a floating cafe.
- Experience the local life and culture of the Mekong Delta.
Cai Rang Floating Market is a must-see destination for anyone who wants to discover the authentic and unique side of Vietnam. It is a place where you can immerse yourself in the sights, sounds and smells of a traditional market on water.