Covent Garden is a vibrant and historic district in the heart of London, renowned for its luxury fashion and beauty stores, award-winning restaurants and theatres, and lively street performers. It is also home to the famous Apple Market, which sells a variety of crafts, antiques and souvenirs. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your visit to Covent Garden:
- Covent Garden is easily accessible by public transport. You can take the Piccadilly line to Covent Garden station, which is located at the north end of the square. Alternatively, you can walk from Leicester Square or Charing Cross stations, which are both less than 10 minutes away. You can also take buses RV1, 9, 13, 15, 23, 139 or 153 to Trafalgar Square or Aldwych, or bus 24 to Leicester Square.
- Covent Garden is open every day of the week, but the opening hours may vary depending on the season and the type of shop or attraction. Generally, the shops are open from 10 am to 8 pm from Monday to Saturday, and from 11 am to 6 pm on Sunday. The Apple Market is open from 10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Sunday. The restaurants and bars usually stay open until late, especially on weekends. The theatres have different schedules depending on the shows, but you can check them online or at the box office.
- Covent Garden offers a wide range of things to see and do for all tastes and budgets. You can enjoy a show at the Royal Opera House, which hosts world-class opera and ballet performances. You can also visit the London Transport Museum, which displays the history and evolution of public transport in London. You can explore Seven Dials and Neal’s Yard, two charming areas with colourful buildings and quirky shops. You can also shop for fashion, beauty, art and more at the many boutiques and galleries in the area.
- Covent Garden is also a great place to eat and drink, as it has some of the best restaurants and pubs in London. You can find cuisines from all over the world, from Italian to Indian, from French to Thai. You can also enjoy traditional British dishes like fish and chips or pie and mash. Some of the most popular places to eat in Covent Garden are The Ivy, Dishoom, Balthazar and Shake Shack. You can also find cosy pubs like The Lamb & Flag, The Punch & Judy and The Cross Keys.
- Covent Garden is a lively and entertaining place to visit, but there are some rules and prohibitions that you should be aware of. For example, you are not allowed to smoke in any indoor public place, including shops, restaurants and theatres. You are also not allowed to drink alcohol in public places unless they have a licence. You should also respect the street performers and not interfere with their acts or take photos without their permission. You should also be careful with your belongings and avoid pickpockets.
Covent Garden is one of the most iconic and exciting places in London, where you can experience culture, shopping, dining and entertainment all in one place. It is a must-see destination for anyone visiting London or living in the city. If you follow these tips, you will have a wonderful time exploring Covent Garden.