Dalat Market is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike in the city of Dalat, Vietnam. It is located in the heart of the city, near the Xuan Huong Lake and the Flower Garden. Dalat Market is famous for its fresh produce, flowers, handicrafts, and street food. You can find everything from strawberries, avocados, artichokes, and coffee beans to silk scarves, woolen sweaters, embroidered bags, and souvenirs.
To visit Dalat Market, you need to buy a ticket at the entrance. The ticket costs 10,000 VND (about 0.43 USD) per person and is valid for one day. You can also buy a combo ticket that includes admission to the nearby Flower Garden for 40,000 VND (about 1.73 USD) per person.
Dala Market is open every day from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm, but some stalls may stay open until late at night.
There are many ways to get to Dalat Market. You can take a taxi, a bus, a motorbike, or a bicycle from anywhere in the city. The market is about 2 km from the Dalat Railway Station and about 30 km from the Lien Khuong Airport. You can also walk to the market from the city center, which takes about 15 minutes.
Some tips for visiting Dalat Market are:
- Bring cash as most vendors do not accept credit cards or electronic payments.
- Bargain with the sellers to get a better price, especially for handicrafts and souvenirs.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as the market can get crowded and hot.
- Try some of the local delicacies such as banh trang nuong (grilled rice paper with egg and cheese), banh can (mini pancakes with meat and egg), or che (sweet soup with coconut milk and beans).
- Be respectful of the local culture and customs. Do not touch or take photos of the goods without permission. Do not litter or make noise.
If you want to explore more of Dalat, you can also join some tours that include Dalat Market as part of their itinerary. Some of the popular tours are:
- Dalat City Tour: This tour covers the main attractions of Dalat such as the Flower Garden, the Crazy House, the Bao Dai Palace, and the Linh Phuoc Pagoda. The tour lasts for about 8 hours and costs 250,000 VND (about 10.82 USD) per person.
- Dalat Countryside Tour: This tour takes you to the rural areas of Dalat where you can see waterfalls, lakes, farms, and villages. The tour lasts for about 6 hours and costs 200,000 VND (about 8.66 USD) per person.
- Dalat Night Market Tour: This tour lets you experience the nightlife of Dalat at the market and other places such as cafes, bars, and clubs. The tour lasts for about 4 hours and costs 150,000 VND (about 6.49 USD) per person.
Dalat Market is a must-see place when you visit Dalat. It offers a glimpse into the local culture, cuisine, and lifestyle of this charming city. You will surely enjoy your time at this colorful and lively market.