Film City is a sprawling complex in Mumbai, India, where many Bollywood movies and TV shows are filmed. It is also a popular tourist attraction, where visitors can see the sets, studios, and behind-the-scenes of the Indian film industry.
The ticket price for Film City varies depending on the type of tour you choose. There are general tours that cover the main attractions, such as the gardens, temples, lakes, and bridges. There are also special tours that focus on specific genres or themes, such as horror, romance, or comedy. The general tours cost around 600 rupees per person, while the special tours cost around 1000 rupees per person.
Film City is open every day of the week, from 10 am to 5 pm. However, some tours may not be available on certain days due to filming schedules. It is advisable to check the availability and book your tickets online in advance to avoid disappointment.
The easiest way to get to Film City is by taxi or autorickshaw from any part of Mumbai. You can also take a bus or a train to Goregaon station and then take a rickshaw to Film City. The distance from Goregaon station to Film City is about 7 km.
The tours of Film City are guided by professional guides who will explain the history and trivia of the film industry. You will get to see various sets, props, costumes, and equipment used in the production of movies and TV shows. You will also get a chance to meet some celebrities and watch some live shooting if you are lucky.
Some of the highlights of Film City are:
- The Helipad: This is where many action scenes involving helicopters are filmed. You can see a panoramic view of the city from here.
- The Court: This is where many courtroom dramas are filmed. You can see the judge’s bench, the witness box, and the lawyers’ tables.
- The Village: This is where many rural scenes are filmed. You can see the huts, wells, fields, and animals.
- The Temple: This is where many religious scenes are filmed. You can see the idols, bells, and offerings.
- The Bridge: This is where many romantic scenes are filmed. You can see the river, the boats, and the flowers.
Some tips for visiting Film City are:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes as you will be walking a lot.
- Carry a water bottle and some snacks as there are no food stalls inside Film City.
- Bring a camera and a selfie stick as you will get many photo opportunities.
- Be respectful and quiet when you see any filming going on.
- Follow the instructions of your guide and do not wander off on your own.
Some prohibitions for visiting Film City are:
- Do not touch or damage any of the sets, props, costumes, or equipment.
- Do not enter any restricted areas or studios without permission.
- Do not harass or disturb any of the celebrities or crew members.
- Do not litter or spit inside Film City.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol inside Film City.