Jopenkerk Haarlem is a unique restaurant, café and beer brewery inside an old church in Haarlem, Netherlands. You can enjoy a variety of Jopen beers and food pairings, as well as witness the brewing process behind the bar.
Jopenkerk Haarlem is open every day from 10:00 AM to midnight, and the kitchen is open until 10:00 PM. You can make a reservation for lunch or dinner online or by phone .
If you want to learn more about the history and production of Jopen beers, you can book a High Beer experience on Fridays and Saturdays from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. You will get to taste three different Jopen beers with six small bites, and hear stories and facts about the brewery and the church. The High Beer costs €24.50 per person and you need to make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance.
To get to Jopenkerk Haarlem, you can take a train to Haarlem station and then walk for about 15 minutes or take a bus to Turfmarkt stop. You can also drive by car and park at De Appelaar parking garage, which is a 5-minute walk from the brewery. If you are coming by bike, you can use the free bicycle parking at Botermarkt square.
Some tips for visiting Jopenkerk Haarlem are:
- Try the seasonal beers that are only available for a limited time.
- Order the cheese platter or the bitterballen (Dutch meatballs) to go with your beer.
- Check out the Jopen store where you can buy souvenirs, gifts and beer packages.
- Visit the Jopen Proeflokaal Waarderpolder, another Jopen location where you can taste experimental beers and see the barrel aging room.
Jopenkerk Haarlem offers guided tours for groups of 10 to 25 people on request. You can choose from different packages that include a tour of the brewery, a beer tasting and a lunch or dinner. The tours last between one and a half to two hours and cost between €17.50 and €49.50 per person depending on the package.
There are some prohibitions that you need to respect when visiting Jopenkerk Haarlem:
- You must be at least 18 years old to drink alcohol.
- You must not smoke inside the building or on the terrace.
- You must not bring your own food or drinks.
- You must not disturb other guests or staff with loud or inappropriate behavior.
Jopenkerk Haarlem has a lot to offer for beer lovers and curious visitors alike. You can see the impressive architecture of the former church, admire the shiny copper kettles of the brewery, taste the delicious beers and dishes, and learn about the history and culture of Jopen. It is a place where tradition meets innovation, and where you can have a memorable experience in Haarlem.