KaDeWe is the abbreviation for Kaufhaus des Westens, which means Department Store of the West in English. It is one of the largest and most famous department stores in Europe, located in Berlin, Germany. KaDeWe Kaufhaus des Westens a wide range of products and services, from fashion, interiors and food to beauty, catering and limousine service. Here are some information and tips for visiting KaDeWe:
- KaDeWe is open from Monday to Saturday, from 10:00 to 20:00 (or 21:00 on Fridays). It is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- You can buy a ticket online or at the entrance to access KaDeWe. The ticket costs 10 euros and includes a voucher for 10 euros that you can use in the store. You can also buy a premium ticket for 50 euros, which includes a voucher for 50 euros, a welcome drink at the Champagne Bar and a personal shopping assistant.
- You can get to KaDeWe by public transport or by car. The nearest subway station is Wittenbergplatz (U1, U2, U3), which is right next to the store. There are also several bus stops nearby (M19, M29, M46, 100, 106, 187). If you drive, you can park your car in the underground parking garage of KaDeWe, which has over 1,000 spaces. The parking fee is 2 euros per hour or 15 euros per day.
- You can explore Kaufhaus des Westens on your own or join one of the guided tours that are offered daily. The tours last about an hour and cover the history, architecture and highlights of KaDeWe. You can choose between different themes, such as Fashion, Food or Luxury. The tours cost 15 euros per person and include a voucher for 15 euros that you can use in the store.
- You should not miss the sixth floor of Kaufhaus des Westens, which is dedicated to food and restaurants. It has over 35,000 products and wines from all over the world, as well as various bars and eateries where you can enjoy delicious dishes and drinks. You can also order catering service from KaDeWe if you want to take some delicacies home or to your hotel.
- You should also check out the exclusive collections and brands that Kaufhaus des Westens offers, such as Prada, Gucci, Dior, Chanel, Burberry and many more. You can find them on the first to fourth floors of KaDeWe, where you can also discover local labels from Berlin and emerging designers. You can also book a personal shopping service if you need some advice or assistance.
- You should be aware of some prohibitions when visiting Kaufhaus des Westens. For example, you are not allowed to take photos or videos inside the store without permission. You are also not allowed to bring pets (except guide dogs), bicycles or large bags into the store. You should also follow the hygiene and safety measures that are in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
KaDeWe is more than just a department store; it is a symbol of Berlin’s culture and lifestyle. It is a place where you can find everything you need and want, as well as discover new things and enjoy yourself. It is definitely worth a visit if you are in Berlin.