Mercat de la Boqueria is a famous public market in Barcelona, Spain. It is located on La Rambla, one of the most popular streets in the city. The market offers a variety of fresh products, such as fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, cheese, bread, sweets and more. You can also find prepared foods, such as tapas, sandwiches, juices and smoothies.
To visit the Mercat de la Boqueria, you need to buy a ticket online or at the entrance. The ticket costs 5 euros and includes a reusable shopping bag and a map of the market. The ticket also gives you access to the guided tours that are offered every day at 11:00 and 13:00. The tours last about an hour and show you the history and secrets of the market.
The Mercat de la Boqueria is open from Monday to Saturday, from 8:00 to 20:30. It is closed on Sundays and public holidays. The best time to visit the market is in the morning, when it is less crowded and the products are fresher. You can also avoid the peak hours between 12:00 and 14:00.
To get to the Mercat de la Boqueria, you can take the metro to Liceu station (line 3) or Catalunya station (line 1 or 3). You can also take the bus (lines 14, 59 or V13) or walk from Plaça de Catalunya or Plaça Reial.
Some tips for visiting the Mercat de la Boqueria are:
- Bring cash, as not all stalls accept credit cards.
- Try some samples before buying anything.
- Bargain with the vendors for better prices.
- Be respectful of the local culture and customs.
- Don’t touch the products without permission.
Some prohibitions for visiting the Mercat de la Boqueria are:
- Don’t smoke or drink alcohol inside the market.
- Don’t litter or leave your belongings unattended.
- Don’t take photos or videos without consent.
- Don’t disturb or harass the vendors or customers.
Some of the things you can see in the Mercat de la Boqueria are:
- The mosaic entrance with the name of the market and a colorful dragon.
- The stained glass dome that covers part of the market.
- The fish section with a variety of seafood and shellfish.
- The meat section with different cuts of meat and cured products.
- The fruit section with exotic and seasonal fruits.
- The candy section with chocolates, candies and nuts.