Miniaturk is a park that contains miniature models of the most important monuments and landmarks of Turkey. It is located in Istanbul, on the northeast coast of the Golden Horn. It was opened in 2001 and covers an area of 60,000 square meters. It is considered one of the largest miniature parks in the world.
Miniaturk allows visitors to see the cultural and historical heritage of Turkey in a short time. The park has 134 models, 58 of which are from Istanbul, 52 from Anatolia and 24 from the former Ottoman territories. The models are made with great attention to detail and are scaled down to 1/25 of their original size. Some of the models are interactive and have sound and light effects.
Some of the models that can be seen in Miniaturk are: Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Galata Tower, Topkapi Palace, Dolmabahce Palace, Sumela Monastery, Mount Nemrut, Temple of Artemis, Mausoleum of Halicarnassus and Ajyad Castle. The park also has models of traditional houses from different regions of Turkey and some impressive mausoleums.
Miniaturk is open every day from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The entrance fee is 10 Turkish liras. The park also has a restaurant and a cafeteria, a souvenir shop, toilets and a playground for children. In addition, visitors can enter the Crystal Museum, where they can see beautiful glass sculptures of Istanbul’s monuments illuminated by laser technology.
To get to Miniaturk, you can take the bus lines: 54HT (from Taksim), 47, 47ç and 47 E (from Eminonu) and 41ST (from Topkapi). You can also take a taxi or a private car.
Some tips for visiting Miniaturk are:
- Plan your visit in advance and decide which models you want to see first.
- Take your time to appreciate the details and learn about the history and culture of each model.
- Take pictures and videos of the models and share them with your friends and family.
- Enjoy the interactive features and the sound and light effects of some models.
- Visit the Crystal Museum and admire the glass sculptures.
- Have a snack or a drink at the restaurant or the cafeteria.
- Buy some souvenirs at the shop.
Some prohibitions for visiting Miniaturk are:
- Do not touch or damage the models or the plants.
- Do not litter or throw anything into the water or the air.
- Do not smoke or use fire in the park.
- Do not bring pets or animals into the park.
- Do not make loud noises or disturb other visitors.
Miniaturk is a fun and educational attraction for everyone who wants to discover Turkey’s rich and diverse history and culture. It is a must-see for anyone who visits Istanbul.