The Museu del Modernisme Catala is a museum dedicated to Catalan Art Nouveau, also known as Modernisme. It is located in a former textile factory in the Eixample district of Barcelona, and showcases the works of artists and designers such as Antoni Gaudí, Ramon Casas, Joan Busquets and Gaspar Homar.
The ticket price for the Museu del Modernisme Catala is 10 euros for adults, 7 euros for students and seniors, and free for children under 16. You can also buy a combined ticket with the Casa Amatller for 15 euros. The museum offers discounts for groups of 10 or more people.
The Museu del Modernisme Catala is open from Tuesday to Saturday, from 10:30 am to 7 pm, and on Sundays and public holidays, from 10:30 am to 2 pm. It is closed on Mondays, except when they fall on a public holiday. The last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
To get to the Museu del Modernisme Catala, you can take the metro to Passeig de Gràcia (lines L2, L3 and L4) or Girona (line L4), or the bus (lines 7, 16, 17, 22, 24, 28, 39 or 45). The museum is also within walking distance from Plaça Catalunya and Plaça Urquinaona.
The Museu del Modernisme Catala offers guided tours in Catalan, Spanish and English for groups of up to 25 people. You can book a tour in advance by phone or email, or at the reception desk on the day of your visit. The tours last about an hour and cost 5 euros per person, plus the admission fee.
The Museu del Modernisme Catala has three floors of exhibition space, where you can see paintings, sculptures, furniture, ceramics, glassware, jewelry and textiles from the Modernisme period. Some of the highlights include a dragon-shaped bench by Gaudí, a portrait of Ramon Casas by Santiago Rusiñol, a piano by Gaspar Homar and a stained glass window by Josep Maria Jujol.
Some tips for visiting the Museu del Modernisme Catala are:
- Buy your tickets online to avoid queues and get a 10% discount.
- Download the free audio guide app on your smartphone or tablet to learn more about the exhibits.
- Check the museum’s website for temporary exhibitions and cultural activities.
- Enjoy the café and the gift shop on the ground floor.
Some prohibitions for visiting the Museu del Modernisme Catala are:
- Do not touch the exhibits or lean on the walls or showcases.
- Do not take photos or videos with flash or tripod.
- Do not eat or drink inside the museum.
- Do not smoke or use electronic cigarettes.
- Do not bring pets, except guide dogs.