Rosenborg Castle is a historic attraction in Copenhagen, Denmark. It was built by King Christian IV in the 17th century as a summer residence and now houses a museum of royal history and culture. Here are some details about Rosenborg Castle that you might find useful:
- Address: Øster Voldgade 4A, 1350 København, Denmark
- Prices: Adults: 120 DKK, Children (0-17): Free, Students: 80 DKK, Seniors (65+): 80 DKK
- Hours: The castle is open from 10:00 to 16:00 on weekdays and from 10:00 to 17:00 on weekends and holidays. The museum is closed on Mondays from October to April and on December 24, 25 and 31.
- Days: The best days to visit Rosenborg Castle are Tuesdays to Sundays, especially in the spring and summer when the gardens are in bloom. Avoid Mondays in the low season when the museum is closed.
- Transports: You can reach Rosenborg Castle by public transport or by bike. The nearest metro station is Nørreport, which is a 10-minute walk away. You can also take bus 6A, 14, 26, 40 or 42 to Kongens Have or bus 5C or 150S to Østerport Station. There are bike racks near the entrance of the castle.
- Tips: Buy your tickets online in advance to skip the queue and save money. You can also buy a combined ticket for Rosenborg Castle and Amalienborg Palace for 175 DKK. Don’t miss the Treasury where you can see the crown jewels and other royal treasures. You can also join a guided tour of the castle for an extra fee.
- Recommendations: After visiting Rosenborg Castle, you can explore the surrounding area which has many attractions and activities. You can relax in Kongens Have (The King’s Garden), which is the oldest and most visited park in Copenhagen. You can also visit the Botanical Garden, which has a large collection of plants and a beautiful greenhouse. If you are interested in art, you can check out the Statens Museum for Kunst (National Gallery of Denmark), which has works by Danish and international artists. You can also enjoy some shopping and dining at Strøget, which is one of the longest pedestrian streets in Europe.