The Saigon Opera House, also known as the Municipal Theatre of Ho Chi Minh City, is a historic landmark in the heart of the city. Built in 1897 by French architects, the opera house features a neo-classical style with elegant decorations and a spacious auditorium. The opera house hosts various cultural events, such as concerts, ballets, musicals, and plays.
To visit the Opera House, you need to buy a ticket in advance from the official website or at the box office.
The Saigon Opera House’s ticket prices vary depending on the show and the seat category.
The Saigon Opera House is open from Monday to Saturday, from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. It is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
The easiest way to get to the Saigon Opera House is by taxi or bus. The opera house is located on Dong Khoi Street, near the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Central Post Office. You can also walk from the nearby attractions or take a cyclo (pedicab) for a more authentic experience.
Some tips for visiting the Saigon Opera House are:
- Dress appropriately and respectfully. Avoid wearing shorts, flip-flops, or hats.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the show starts. You will need to show your ticket and go through security checks.
- Do not bring food, drinks, or cameras inside the opera house. They are not allowed and will be confiscated.
- Turn off your phone and other electronic devices during the show. Do not talk or make noise that may disturb other guests or performers.
- Enjoy the show and applaud at the end.
If you want to learn more about the history and architecture of the Saigon Opera House, you can join a guided tour that is offered daily at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm. The tour lasts for about an hour and costs 250,000 VND per person. You will get to see the backstage, the dressing rooms, and the VIP lounge. You will also hear stories and anecdotes about the opera house and its famous guests.
The Saigon Opera House is a must-see attraction for anyone who loves culture and art. It is a place where you can admire the beauty of the building and enjoy the performances of talented artists. It is also a place where you can witness the history and heritage of Vietnam’s largest city.