SkyView is a popular attraction in Stockholm, Sweden, that offers visitors a unique experience of seeing the city from above. SkyView consists of two glass gondolas that travel along the exterior of the Ericsson Globe, the world’s largest spherical building. The gondolas reach a height of 130 meters (425 feet) and offer a panoramic view of Stockholm and its surroundings.
SkyView is open every day of the year, except for some holidays and special events. The opening hours vary depending on the season and the day of the week, but generally range from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. You can check the exact schedule on the SkyView website or by calling +46 8 600 91 00. Tickets can be purchased online or at the ticket office on site. The ticket price includes admission to the Ericsson Globe exhibition, where you can learn more about the history and architecture of the building.
To get to SkyView, you can take public transportation or drive. The nearest subway station is Globen, which is only a few minutes’ walk from SkyView. There are also several bus lines that stop near SkyView, such as 4, 19, and 74. If you drive, you can park your car at one of the parking lots around the Ericsson Globe. Parking fees apply.
Some tips and tours to make your visit more enjoyable are:
- Book your tickets in advance to avoid long queues and secure your preferred time slot.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, as you will have to walk up and down some stairs to reach the gondolas.
- Bring a camera or a smartphone to capture the stunning views from SkyView.
- If you are afraid of heights, you may want to skip SkyView or sit in the middle of the gondola, where you will feel less motion.
- If you want to learn more about Stockholm and its attractions, you can join one of the guided tours that include SkyView in their itinerary. For example, you can take a hop-on hop-off bus tour that stops at SkyView and other landmarks such as the Royal Palace, Gamla Stan, and Vasa Museum.
Some prohibitions to keep in mind are:
- Do not smoke, eat, or drink inside the gondolas or the Ericsson Globe.
- Do not bring pets, large bags, or strollers to SkyView. You can leave them at the cloakroom for a small fee.
- Do not lean against or touch the glass windows of the gondolas.
- Do not throw anything out of the gondolas or litter on the premises.
Some things to see from SkyView are:
- The city center of Stockholm, with its mix of modern and historic buildings.
- The islands of Djurgården and Skeppsholmen, where you can find museums, parks, and gardens.
- The waterways of Stockholm, such as Lake Mälaren and the Baltic Sea.
- The green areas of Nacka and Tyresö, where you can enjoy nature and wildlife.
- The bridges and towers that connect different parts of Stockholm.
SkyView is a fun and memorable way to see Stockholm from a different perspective. Whether you are a local or a tourist, you will surely appreciate the beauty and diversity of this Nordic capital.