Spritmuseum is a museum of alcohol and art in Stockholm, Sweden. It is located on the island of Djurgården, near the Vasa Museum and the ABBA Museum. Spritmuseum showcases the history, culture and trends of Swedish drinking habits, as well as the Absolut Art Collection, which contains more than 850 works of art from about 550 artists. Spritmuseum also has a restaurant, a bar, a shop and a tasting room where visitors can sample different drinks and learn more about them.
Spritmuseum is open from Tuesday to Sunday, with different opening hours depending on the day. The admission fee is 140 SEK for adults, 120 SEK for seniors and students, and free for children under 18. There are also discounts for groups of 10 or more people. Spritmuseum offers guided tours in English and Swedish, as well as tasting trays that match the exhibitions. Visitors can book a private tour with a drink for themselves and their friends, or join one of the scheduled tours and tastings that cover topics such as champagne, wine, beer and spirits.
To get to Spritmuseum, visitors can take the tram 7 from Sergels Torg or bus 67 from Karlaplan to Liljevalchs/Gröna Lund. Alternatively, they can take the ferry from Slussen or Nybroplan to Allmänna Gränd. Spritmuseum is about a 10-minute walk from the tram, bus or ferry stop.
Some tips for visiting Spritmuseum are:
- Check the website for the current exhibitions and events.
- Book your tickets online in advance to avoid queues.
- Try the restaurant’s contemporary menu that features mainly vegetarian and plant-based dishes.
- Enjoy the outdoor bar and garden patio during the summer months.
- Explore the nearby attractions such as Skansen, Gröna Lund and Junibacken.
Spritmuseum is a great place to learn about Swedish drinking culture and art in a fun and interactive way. Visitors can expect to have an enjoyable and educational experience at this unique museum.
Some prohibitions for visiting Spritmuseum are:
- Do not drink alcohol if you are under 18 or drive afterwards.
- Do not touch or damage the artworks or exhibits.
- Do not smoke inside the museum or near the entrance.
- Do not bring pets, food or drinks into the museum.
- Do not take photos or videos without permission.