If you are looking for things to do in Klagenfurt, you will not be disappointed. Klagenfurt is the capital of Carinthia, a beautiful region in southern Austria that offers a variety of natural and cultural attractions. Whether you are interested in history, art, nature, or sports, you will find something to suit your taste in this charming city. Here are some of the best tourist attractions in Klagenfurt that you should not miss.
Looking for things to do in Klagenfurt? Discover the best tourist attractions in Klagenfurt:
1. **Lake Wörthersee**: A stunning alpine lake with clear water and many beaches, resorts, and villages along its shore.
2. **Minimundus**: A miniature park with replicas of famous landmarks from around the world .
3. **Europapark**: A large and green park with biking trails, playgrounds, and a rose garden .
4. **Lindwurmbrunnen**: A fountain with a statue of a dragon, the symbol of Klagenfurt.
5. **Landhaus**: A Renaissance building that houses the regional parliament and a museum of weapons and armor .
6. **Hochosterwitz Castle**: A medieval fortress on a hilltop that offers stunning views and a museum of historical artifacts.
7. **Neuer Platz**: The main square of Klagenfurt with a town hall and a Christmas market.
8. **Reptilienzoo Happ**: A zoo with a large collection of reptiles, amphibians, and insects.
9. **Maria Loretto Castle**: A Baroque castle on the lake with a restaurant and a chapel.
10. **Museum Moderner Kunst Kärnten**: A museum of modern art with exhibitions of local and international artists.
11. **Worthersee Mandl**: A sculpture of a man emerging from the lake that symbolizes the legend of Klagenfurt’s founding.
12. **Stadttheater Klagenfurt**: A theater that hosts opera, ballet, musical, and drama performances.
13. **Klagenfurt Cathedral**: A Baroque cathedral with a rich interior and a tower that offers panoramic views.
14. **Botanical Garden**: A garden with diverse plants from different regions and climates.
15. **Viktring Abbey**: A former monastery with a Romanesque church and a museum of religious art.
16. **Welzenegg Castle**: A castle with a history dating back to the 12th century that hosts cultural events.
17. **Hallegg Castle**: A castle with Gothic and Renaissance elements that is now a hotel and a restaurant.
18. **Schloss Mageregg**: A castle with a golf course and a wildlife park.
19. **Planetarium Klagenfurt**: A planetarium that offers shows about astronomy and space exploration.
20. **Robert Musil Literatur Museum**: A museum dedicated to the life and works of the Austrian writer Robert Musil.
21. **Benedictine Market**: A market that sells fresh produce, cheese, meat, bread, and other local specialties.
22. **Klagenfurt City Gallery**: A gallery that showcases contemporary art from Carinthia and beyond.
23. **Landesmuseum Kärnten**: A museum that displays the natural and cultural history of Carinthia.
24. **Gustav Mahler Komponierhäuschen**: A small house where the composer Gustav Mahler spent his summers and composed some of his works.
25. **Kreuzberglkirche**: A church on a hill with a Gothic tower and a Baroque interior.
26. **Happ’s Wursteltheater**: A puppet theater that performs fairy tales and stories for children.
27. **Schloss Ebenthal**: A castle with a park and a pond that hosts weddings and events.
28. **Schloss Seltenheim**: A castle with an 18-hole golf course and a restaurant.
29. **Schloss Tentschach**: A castle with a history dating back to the 13th century that is now a private residence.
30. **Schloss Annabichl**: A castle with a Baroque facade and a chapel that is now a school.
31. **Schloss Ehrenbichl**: A castle with a history dating back to the 16th century that is now a hotel.
32. **Schloss Krastowitz**: A castle with a history dating back to the 14th century that is now a farm.
33. **Schloss Maria Loretto**: A castle with a history dating back to the 17th century that is now a restaurant.
34. **Schloss Pitzelstätten**: A castle with a history dating back to the 12th century that is now a cultural center.
35. **Schloss Rottenstein**: A castle with a history dating back to the 13th century that is now a private residence.
36. **Schloss Saager**: A castle with a history dating back to the 16th century that is now a hotel.
37. **Schloss St. Martin**: A castle with a history dating back to the 12th century that is now an educational institution.
38. **Schloss Thalheim**: A castle with a history dating back to the 16th century that is now a private residence.
39. **Schloss Welzenegg**: A castle with a history dating back to the 13th century that is now an apartment building.
40. **Schloss Wolfsberg**: A castle with a history dating back to the 12th century that is now a museum and a restaurant..
If you find this Klagenfurt Travel Guide useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends. We would also love to read your comments about Klagenfurt if you have been there.