If you are looking for a relaxing and scenic destination in Croatia, you might want to consider Opatija. Opatija is a coastal town with a rich history and culture, as well as a variety of things to do and see. Whether you are interested in nature, architecture, or gastronomy, you will find something to suit your taste in Opatija. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the best tourist attractions in Opatija and give you some tips on how to make the most of your visit. Here are some of the things to do in Opatija that you should not miss.
Looking for things to do in Opatija? Discover the best tourist attractions in Opatija:
- Lungo Mare: A scenic walkway along the coast that connects Opatija with other towns and villages.
- Volosko: A charming fishing village with a picturesque harbor and a variety of restaurants.
- The Angiolina Park – Villa Angiolina: A lush botanical garden with exotic plants and a historic villa that houses a museum of Croatian tourism.
- Maiden With The Seagull: A famous statue of a girl holding a seagull that symbolizes Opatija’s connection with the sea.
- Slatina Beach: The main beach of Opatija, with pebbles, concrete platforms, and clear water.
- Church of the Annunciation: A beautiful neo-Romanesque church with a striking red dome and a rich interior.
- Villa Angiolina: A historic villa that was built in 1844 and hosted many famous guests, such as Franz Joseph I and Isabella of Spain.
- Juraj Sporer Art Pavilion: A cultural center that hosts exhibitions, concerts, and lectures in a former spa building.
- Croatian Museum of Tourism: A museum that showcases the history and development of tourism in Croatia, located in the Villa Angiolina.
- Saint James Park: A park that surrounds the Church of the Annunciation and features a fountain, a gazebo, and a bust of James Joyce.
- Trsat: A medieval fortress and pilgrimage site that offers panoramic views of Rijeka and the Kvarner Bay.
- The Computer Museum PEEK&POKE: A museum that displays a collection of vintage computers, video games, and gadgets.
- Opatija Port: A small port that serves as a docking place for boats and yachts, as well as a departure point for excursions to nearby islands.
- Moscenicka Draga: A seaside resort with a long sandy beach and a quaint old town.
- Veprinac: A hilltop village with a medieval castle and a church that contains a valuable organ from the 17th century.
- Lovran: A town that dates back to the 7th century and preserves its medieval architecture and charm.
- Kastav: A fortified town that was founded in the 12th century and boasts a rich cultural heritage and tradition.
- Ucka Nature Park: A protected area that covers the Ucka mountain range and offers hiking trails, biking routes, and stunning views of the Adriatic Sea.
- Brseč: A village perched on a cliff above the sea, with a historic center and a secluded beach.
- Mošćenička Draga Beach: A sandy beach that stretches for 2 km and attracts many visitors with its clear water and natural beauty.
- Croatian Walk of Fame: A walkway that honors famous Croatians who have contributed to culture, science, sports, and arts.
- Rijeka Astronomical Centre: A modern facility that features an observatory, a planetarium, and an exhibition space for astronomy enthusiasts.
- Stancija Kovačići: A rural estate that offers authentic cuisine, accommodation, and activities in a natural setting.
- Opatija Advent: A festive event that transforms Opatija into a winter wonderland with lights, decorations, concerts, markets, and ice skating rinks.[ ^5^]
- Mošćenice: A medieval hilltop village that preserves its stone houses, narrow streets, and ancient walls.
- Magical Istria Tour: A guided tour that explores the cultural and natural attractions of Istria, such as Pula, Rovinj, Motovun, Grožnjan, and Hum.
27 Truffle Hunting Istria Tour: A 6-day tour that combines truffle hunting, wine tasting, and sightseeing in the Istrian countryside.
28 Opatija, Rijeka, Trsat Tour from Zagreb: A full-day tour that visits Opatija, Rijeka, and Trsat, with a professional guide and transportation.
29 Boat Trip to Island Cres with Lunch: A water tour that takes you to the island of Cres, where you can enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and a fish lunch.
30 Private Transfer from Opatija to Zagreb Airport: A convenient and comfortable way to get from Opatija to Zagreb Airport, with a private driver and a modern vehicle.
31 Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia & Montenegro – 8 Days Private Tour: A private tour that covers four countries and their highlights, such as Dubrovnik, Split, Plitvice Lakes, Ljubljana, Bled, Sarajevo, and Kotor.
32 Zagreb – Rijeka – Opatija Tour: A full-day tour that visits Zagreb, Rijeka, and Opatija, with a local guide and transportation.
33 Excursion National Park Plitvice Lakes: A full-day tour that takes you to the Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with 16 lakes and countless waterfalls.
34 Daily Excursion Trieste – San Giusto – Miramare Castle: A full-day tour that visits Trieste, a city with a rich history and culture, San Giusto, a hilltop castle with a museum and a cathedral, and Miramare Castle, a stunning 19th-century residence overlooking the sea.
35 Visit to the Fabulous Postojna & Romantic Ljubljana: A full-day tour that visits Postojna Cave, one of the largest and most spectacular caves in Europe, and Ljubljana, the capital and the largest city of Slovenia.
36 Visit Pula and Labin and Feel the Medieval Spirit: A full-day tour that visits Pula, a city with a Roman amphitheater and other ancient monuments, and Labin, a medieval town with a museum and an art gallery.
37 Krk Island: History and Wine Tour – Private Tour from Opatija: A walking tour that visits Krk Island, the largest island in Croatia, with its historical and cultural attractions, such as Krk Town, Vrbnik Village, and Baska Beach.
38 12 Day Private Tour Croatia and Slovenia Luxury Car: A private tour that travels through Croatia and Slovenia in a luxury car, with stops at Zagreb, Plitvice Lakes, Zadar, Split, Dubrovnik, Mostar, Sarajevo, Ljubljana, Bled, Postojna Cave, Piran, Porec, Rovinj, Pula, Opatija.
39 Day Trip from Zagreb to Opatija and Motovun – Truffle Hunting: A full-day trip that takes you from Zagreb to Opatija and Motovun, where you can enjoy truffle hunting with a local guide and a trained dog.
40 Croatia Hiking Package- From Hills to Sea: A hiking package that offers various trails in Croatia’s natural landscapes, such as Ucka Mountain Range, Risnjak National Park, Paklenica National Park, Biokovo Nature Park, Mljet National Park,, and Peljesac Peninsula.
If you find this Opatija Travel Guide useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends. We would also love to read your comments about Opatija if you have been there.