If you are looking for things to do in Phuket, you are in luck. Phuket is one of the most popular destinations in Thailand, and for good reasons. It has stunning beaches, lush rainforests, vibrant nightlife, and rich culture. Whether you want to relax, explore, or party, you will find something to suit your taste. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the best tourist attractions in Phuket and give you some tips on how to make the most of your trip. Here are some of the top tourist attractions in Phuket and things to do in Phuket that you should not miss.
Looking for things to do in Phuket? Discover the best tourist attractions in Phuket:
1. Big Buddha Phuket: A huge statue of Buddha on a hilltop, overlooking the island and the sea.
2. Bangla Road: The nightlife hub of Phuket, with bars, clubs, shows and entertainment.
3. Kata Beach: A popular beach with soft sand, clear water and surfing opportunities.
4. Phang Nga Bay: A scenic bay with limestone cliffs, caves and islands, best explored by boat or kayak.
5. Phi Phi Islands: A group of stunning islands with turquoise water, white sand and coral reefs, famous for their beauty and movie scenes.
6. Old Phuket Town: The historical and cultural center of Phuket, with colorful buildings, temples, museums and markets.
7. Chalong Temple: The largest and most sacred temple in Phuket, with a pagoda that contains a relic of Buddha.
8. Night Markets: Various markets that open at night, selling food, clothes, souvenirs and local products.
9. Beach Clubs: Trendy venues by the beach, offering music, drinks, food and parties.
10. James Bond Island: An iconic island with a distinctive rock formation, featured in the James Bond movie «The Man with the Golden Gun».
11. Koh Panyi: A floating village built on stilts over the water, inhabited by Muslim fishermen and their families.
12. Sunset Drinks and Dinner: A romantic way to enjoy the view of the sun setting over the sea, while sipping a cocktail or having a meal at a beachfront restaurant or bar.
13. Plane Spotting on Mai Khao Beach: A thrilling experience of watching planes land and take off very close to the beach, as the airport runway is nearby.
14. Andamanda Phuket Water Park: A fun-filled water park with slides, pools, rides and attractions for all ages.
15. Instagram Photo Spree: A chance to take amazing photos at various spots in Phuket, such as viewpoints, landmarks, street art and nature.
16. The Upside-Down House: A quirky attraction where everything is inverted, creating an illusion of defying gravity.
17. Karon Viewpoint: A panoramic viewpoint that offers a spectacular view of three beaches: Kata Noi, Kata and Karon.
18. Prompthep Cape: A rocky cape at the southern tip of Phuket, known for its stunning sunset views and lighthouse.
19. Local Food: A delicious way to experience the culture and diversity of Phuket, with dishes such as tom yum goong (spicy shrimp soup), pad thai (fried noodles), massaman curry (coconut-based curry) and more.
20. Samet Nangshe Viewpoint: A breathtaking viewpoint that overlooks the limestone islands of Phang Nga Bay, especially beautiful at sunrise.
21. Snorkel in Koh Racha: A paradise for snorkelers and divers, with crystal-clear water and abundant marine life.
22. Similan Islands: A group of nine islands that are part of a national park, renowned for their pristine beaches and coral reefs.
23. Elephants: A way to interact with these gentle giants, either by visiting a sanctuary that rescues them from abuse or by joining an ethical tour that lets you feed and bathe them.
24. Maiton Island: A hidden gem of an island that is less crowded than other islands, with a private beach and a chance to spot dolphins.
25. Koh Khai Islands: A trio of tiny islands that are ideal for relaxing, swimming and snorkeling, with colorful fish and coral gardens.
26. Bamboo Rafting in Phang Nga: A relaxing and eco-friendly way to explore the rivers and forests of Phang Nga province, on a bamboo raft steered by a local guide.
27. Chalong Bay Rum Distillery: A place to learn about the production and history of rum in Phuket, as well as taste different varieties and cocktails made from it.
28. Blue Tree Water Park: A new water park that features a large lagoon, a wave pool, a lazy river, slides and more.
29. Flying Hanuman: An adventure park that lets you zip-line through the treetops of a rainforest, while enjoying the views and nature.
30. The Selfie Experience: An interactive museum that offers various rooms and settings for taking fun and creative selfies.
31. Phuket Aquaria: An aquarium that showcases the marine life of the Andaman Sea, with tanks, tunnels, exhibits and shows.
32. Black Rock Viewpoint: A challenging hike that leads to a stunning viewpoint that overlooks the sea and the islands.
33. Adventure Mini Golf: A mini golf course that is designed like a tropical garden, with waterfalls, ponds and bridges.
34. Tailor-Made Dress or Suit: A service that lets you choose the fabric, style and fit of your own dress or suit, made by skilled tailors in Phuket.
35. Tattoo: A souvenir that lasts forever, with a choice of traditional bamboo or modern machine tattooing, done by professional artists in Phuket.
36. Dinner on Rang Hill: A dining experience that combines delicious food with a panoramic view of Phuket town and the sea.
37. Soi Dog: A foundation that rescues and cares for stray dogs and cats in Phuket, where you can volunteer, donate or adopt a furry friend.
38. Museums: A way to learn more about the history, culture and art of Phuket, with museums such as the Thai Hua Museum, the Phuket Trickeye Museum, the Phuket Baba Museum and more.
39. Monkey Hill: A hill that is home to hundreds of macaque monkeys, where you can observe and feed them, but be careful of their cheeky behavior.
40. Simon Cabaret Show: A dazzling show that features glamorous performers in elaborate costumes, singing and dancing to various songs and themes.
If you find this Phuket Travel Guide useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends. We would also love to read your comments about Phuket if you have been there.