Thousand Islands Jakarta is a cluster of islands in the Bay of Jakarta that offers a variety of attractions for visitors. Here are some information you might want to know before you go:
The ticket price depends on the island you want to visit and the type of accommodation you choose. Generally, the price ranges from 300,000 IDR to 1,500,000 IDR per person per night, including meals and boat transfers. Some islands may charge extra fees for entrance, snorkeling, or other activities.
The islands are open all year round, but some may have different operating hours depending on the season and weather conditions. Usually, the islands are open from 7 am to 5 pm, but some may extend their hours until 10 pm or later. It is advisable to check with the island management before you book your trip.
How to get to the Thousand Islands Jakarta
The easiest way to get to the islands is by boat from Marina Ancol, which is located in North Jakarta. There are several operators that offer regular or charter services to various islands. The boat ride can take from 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending on the distance and speed of the boat. You can also take a speedboat from Pantai Mutiara or a seaplane from Halim Perdanakusuma Airport.
What to see at the Thousand Islands Jakarta
The islands offer a range of attractions for different interests and preferences. You can enjoy the scenic views of the sea and the sky, relax on the white sandy beaches, swim in the clear blue water, snorkel or dive among the colorful coral reefs and fish, explore the historical sites and museums, or join the local cultural activities and festivals. Some of the most popular islands are Pulau Bidadari, Pulau Ayer, Pulau Onrust, Pulau Macan, Pulau Pramuka, Pulau Harapan, Pulau Pari, Pulau Tidung, Pulau Bira, and Pulau Putri.
Thousand Islands Jakarta Tours
If you want to visit more than one island or have a guided tour of the islands, you can join one of the many tours available from various operators. The tours can be customized according to your budget, time, and preferences. Some of the tours include island hopping, snorkeling or diving trips, fishing trips, sunset cruises, camping trips, or cultural tours.
Thousand Islands Jakarta Tips
Here are some tips to make your trip more enjoyable and comfortable:
- Bring enough cash as most of the islands do not have ATMs or accept credit cards.
- Pack light and bring only essential items such as sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, swimsuit, towel, water bottle, camera, and personal medication.
- Respect the local culture and customs and dress modestly when visiting villages or religious sites.
- Do not litter or damage the environment and follow the rules and regulations of each island.
- Be careful of jellyfish, sea urchins, or other marine creatures that may sting or bite you.
- Have fun and make memories!
Thousand Islands Jakarta Prohibitions
There are some things that are prohibited on the islands for your safety and convenience:
- Bringing alcohol or drugs
- Bringing pets
- Bringing weapons or explosives
- Lighting fire or fireworks
- Hunting or fishing without permission
- Collecting coral or shells