Tibidabo is a mountain in Barcelona, Spain, that offers stunning views of the city and the sea. It is also home to a historic amusement park, a basilica, and a communications tower. If you are looking for a fun and scenic day trip from Barcelona, Tibidabo is a great option.
To visit Tibidabo, you need to buy a ticket online or at the ticket office. The ticket price depends on the season and the attractions you want to enjoy. You can choose between a panoramic ticket, which gives you access to the Sky Walk and some rides, or a full ticket, which includes all the rides and shows. The ticket also includes the entrance to the Temple of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, a beautiful neo-Gothic church that crowns the mountain.
Tibidabo is open from March to December, but the opening days and hours vary depending on the month. You can check the calendar on their website before planning your visit. Generally, the park is open on weekends and holidays, and some weekdays during the summer and Christmas seasons.
There are several ways to get to Tibidabo from Barcelona. You can take a bus, a train, or a funicular. The bus is the easiest and cheapest option, as it takes you directly to the park entrance. You can catch the bus T2A from Plaça Catalunya or the bus T2B from Vall d’Hebron. The train is another option, but you need to change to a tram or a funicular at the last stop. You can take the FGC train S1 or S2 from Plaça Catalunya to Peu del Funicular station, and then take either the Tramvia Blau (the blue tram) or the Vallvidrera funicular to the upper station. From there, you need to take another funicular (the Tibidabo funicular) to reach the park. The funiculars and the tram are more scenic than the bus, but they are also more expensive and less frequent.
Some tips for visiting Tibidabo are:
- Book your tickets online in advance to avoid queues and get discounts.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, as there are many stairs and slopes on the mountain.
- Bring water and snacks, as the food options at the park are limited and pricey.
- Check the weather forecast before going, as some attractions may close due to rain or wind.
- Enjoy the views from different points of the park, such as the Ferris wheel, the airplane ride, or the observation deck of the tower.
- Explore the surroundings of Tibidabo, such as the Collserola Natural Park or the CosmoCaixa science museum.
Tibidabo also offers guided tours for groups of 10 people or more. You can choose between a historical tour, which covers the history and architecture of the park and the temple, or a cultural tour, which includes a visit to the Automaton Museum and a puppet show. The tours last about an hour and a half and cost 12 euros per person.
There are some prohibitions at Tibidabo that you should respect for your safety and enjoyment. For example:
- You cannot enter with pets, except for guide dogs.
- You cannot smoke in enclosed spaces or near attractions.
- You cannot bring alcohol or drugs into the park.
- You cannot use drones or other flying devices without authorization.
- You cannot access restricted areas or climb on structures.
Tibidabo has many attractions to see and enjoy for all ages and tastes. Some of the most popular ones are:
- The Giradabo: a giant Ferris wheel that offers panoramic views of Barcelona and beyond.
- The Avió: an airplane ride that simulates flying over the city.
- The Muntanya Russa: a roller coaster that runs along the edge of the mountain.
- The Talaia: a tower that lifts you up to 50 meters above ground level.
- The Marionetàrium: a puppet theater that shows classic stories with music and humor.
- The Museu d’Autòmats: a museum that displays a collection of antique mechanical toys.
Tibidabo is more than just an amusement park. It is a place where you can have fun, learn, and admire nature and culture. It is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting Barcelona.