Xuan Huong Lake is a beautiful and popular attraction in Dalat, Vietnam. It is a man-made lake that was created in the 1930s by building a dam on a branch of Cam Ly River. The lake has a crescent shape and covers an area of about 25 hectares. It is surrounded by pine forests, flower gardens, and green lawns.
Xuan Huong Lake is open to visitors every day from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
You can enjoy various activities on and around the lake, such as pedal boating, horse riding, cycling, or walking. You can also admire the architecture of Thuy Ta Pavilion, a white building that stands on the water. There are many cafes and restaurants near the lake where you can have a drink or a meal while enjoying the view.
If you want to visit Xuan Huong Lake, you can easily get there by foot, bike, taxi, or bus from the city center. The lake is about 0.7 km from Dalat Market and 1.5 km from Bao Dai Summer Palace. You can also join a tour that includes Xuan Huong Lake and other attractions in Dalat.
Some tips for visiting Xuan Huong Lake are:
- The best time to visit is in the morning or evening when the weather is cooler and the lake is more peaceful.
- You can rent a pedal boat for about 40,000 VND per hour or a horse carriage for about 100,000 VND per hour.
- You should wear comfortable shoes and clothes if you plan to walk or cycle around the lake.
- You should respect the environment and not litter or feed the fish in the lake.
- You should avoid swimming in the lake as it is not clean and may contain dead fish.
Xuan Huong Lake is a must-see destination for anyone who visits Dalat. It is a place where you can relax, have fun, and appreciate the natural beauty of the city.