In this travel guide, we will introduce you to some of the things to do in Limon Costa Rica as well as the best tourist attractions in Limon Costa Rica. Limon is a vibrant city on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, known for its rich culture, history and natural beauty. You can explore the colorful streets, admire the colonial architecture, visit the museums and landmarks, and enjoy the local cuisine and music. Some of the things to see in Limon Costa Rica are the Parque Vargas, a waterfront park with a statue of Christopher Columbus, the Museo Etnohistorico de Limon, a museum that showcases the history and culture of the Afro-Caribbean community, and the Catedral de Limon, a neoclassical church with stained glass windows and paintings. You can also take tours to nearby attractions such as the Veragua Rainforest Park, where you can see wildlife and waterfalls, the Tortuguero National Park, where you can observe turtles and other animals, and the Cahuita National Park, where you can snorkel and swim in coral reefs. If you are looking for nightlife in Limon Costa Rica, you can find many pubs, bars and clubs where you can dance to reggae, calypso and salsa music. You can also enjoy the festivals and carnivals that take place throughout the year, such as the Dia de la Cultura Afrocaribeña, which celebrates the Afro-Caribbean heritage, and the Carnaval de Limon, which features parades, costumes and music. Here are some of the top tourist attractions in Limon Costa Rica and the best things to do in Limon Costa Rica that you should not miss.
Looking for things to do in Limon Costa Rica? Discover the best tourist attractions in Limon Costa Rica:
- Cahuita National Park: A beautiful park with white sand beaches, tropical trees and wildlife.
- Tortuguero National Park: A park with water and land trails, sea turtles and other animals.
- Tarantulas Way: A night tour with a guide to see tarantulas and other creatures.
- Nature Observatorio: A tree house in the rainforest where you can spend the night and see toucans, monkeys and more.
- Veragua Rainforest Park: A park with a tram ride, a butterfly garden, a frog habitat and a research station.
- Playa Punta Uva: A beautiful beach with clear water and smaller waves.
- Sloth Sanctuary of Costa Rica: A sanctuary where you can see sloths and learn about their conservation.
- Chocorart: A chocolate farm where you can learn about the production process and taste organic chocolate.
- Jaguar Rescue Center: A center where you can see rescued animals such as jaguars, monkeys, sloths and more.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca: A town with a Caribbean vibe, colorful houses, restaurants and nightlife.
- Playa Cocles: A popular beach for surfing, swimming and sunbathing.
- Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge: A refuge with coral reefs, mangroves, rainforest and wildlife.
- Tree of Life Wildlife Rescue Center and Botanical Gardens: A center where you can see rescued animals such as macaws, monkeys, anteaters and more.
- Playa Negra: A black sand beach with calm water and palm trees.
- Cahuita Boat, Snorkel and Hiking Tour: A tour where you can snorkel in the coral reef and hike in the national park.
- Tortuguero Adventures: A company that offers tours and activities in Tortuguero such as canoeing, hiking and turtle watching.
- Pacuare River Rafting: An adventure where you can raft on the Pacuare River, one of the best rivers for whitewater rafting in the world.
- Playa Chiquita: A secluded beach with clear water and coral reefs.
- Caribe Horse Riding Club: A club where you can ride horses on the beach or in the jungle.
- Kekoldi Indigenous Reserve: A reserve where you can learn about the culture and traditions of the Kekoldi indigenous people.
- Sea Turtle Conservancy: A conservancy where you can learn about the sea turtles that nest in Tortuguero and support their protection.
- Finca La Isla Botanical Garden: A garden where you can see tropical plants, fruits, spices, frogs and birds.
- Playa Manzanillo: A beach with white sand, turquoise water and coconut trees. . Cahuita Point National Park Hiking Tour : A tour where you can hike along the coast and see wildlife such as monkeys , raccoons , iguanas and more .
25 . Tortuguero Village : A village with colorful houses , shops , restaurants and a museum .
26 . La Ceiba Primary Reserve : A reserve where you can see primary rainforest , waterfalls , rivers and wildlife .
27 . The Ara Project : A project where you can see endangered macaws and learn about their conservation .
28 . Playa Grande : A long beach with strong waves , ideal for surfing .
29 . Cahuita Snorkeling Tour : A tour where you can snorkel in the coral reef and see fish , turtles , rays and more .
30 . Tortuguero Canals : A network of canals where you can see crocodiles , caimans , birds , monkeys and more .
31 . Puerto Limon : The capital city of Limon province , with a port , a market , a cathedral and a park .
32 . Zipline Canopy Tour : A tour where you can zip through the treetops and enjoy the views of the rainforest .
33 . Chocolate Experience by Bribri Indigenous Culture : A tour where you can learn about the chocolate making process and the culture of the Bribri indigenous people .
34 . Clear Kayak Tour at Punta Uva : A tour where you can kayak in a transparent kayak and see the underwater world .
35 . Sloth and Kayak Tour in Punta Uva Beach and Jungle : A tour where you can kayak in the river and see sloths , monkeys , birds and more .
36 . All inclusive package in Tortuguero : A package where you can stay in a lodge , enjoy meals , tours and activities in Tortuguero .
37 . Turtle Nesting Night Tour in Tortuguero : A tour where you can see the sea turtles laying their eggs on the beach at night .
38 . Chocolate Tour in the Rainforest & Hanging Bridge : A tour where you can walk on a hanging bridge , see the rainforest and taste chocolate .
39 . Cahuita National Park Tour and Water Experience in Puerto Viejo : A tour where you can visit the national park and enjoy water activities such as snorkeling , kayaking or stand up paddle .
40 . Limon Highlights 6 in 1 Combo Tour : A tour where you can see the highlights of Limon such as the port , the market , the canal , the banana plantation , the rainforest and the beach .
If you find this Limon Costa Rica Travel Guide useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends. We would also love to read your comments about Limon Costa Rica if you have been there.